Saturday, April 2, 2016

I have been busy as a bee!


I know that I haven't posted since the announcement but I have been creating and writing tutorials for Scrapbookcircle for the last month. It was so exciting to get the kit and go through all the different elements of it and chalk out ideas for the assignments and then create. I made 5 beautiful projects  - (4 layouts and one minibook) with the April kits from Scrapbookcircle. The Main kit for the month of April is called One Fine Day and the add on kit that I used is called Stay Cool. You can see all my projects on the Scrapbookcircle website. Also stay tuned for some detailed explanation about each of these projects on the blog during the month. I will keep you updated on when the post goes live.

I am sharing one of my projects here today. I made this layout with a photo of Surya and his friends. I love the photo and I really didn't find the need to do length journaling. The photo says it all. I love that it captures them being in their element.




For this layout I used both sides of one patterned paper that you see above. It is from the Carpe Diem collection from simple stories. I loved the white script on the black background and loved the angle. I totally wanted to highlight that and cut along the angle of the text and also placed my photo along that angle. The other side the paper had hand painted watercolor circles. I loved the colors of these circles and how beautiful they looked with black. So I fussy cut the circles and glued them on the white background. I used the corrugated cardstock from fancy pants to highlight the angle of the text.
The chipboard word 'together' is from a sticker sheet from Bella Blvd. It comes in white and you can paint it. I painted it with acrylic paint and mists to match the water colored circles. Finally I used the absolutely adorable orange sequin puffs from PinkFreshStudio to add a little more interest. Here is my final layout:


When a kit is put together so nicely it is so easy to create. I love working with kits. 
Have a wonderful day!
~Neela

No comments :