Monday, May 12, 2014

Sketchbook Class - Sketch 2

Here I am with another layout based on the sketchbook class being taught at Studio Calico by Kelly Purkey. I like her clean and modern style. I can relate to the layouts she makes completely.
On mother's day, all my boys and our friends kids decided to make a dinner for the moms so they left the moms alone for most of the day. So guess what I got to do!?! Scrapbook a lot. In turn, I decided to make a layout of my mom which I hardly ever seem to do. I found these photos which are a few years old and made my layout. As I mentioned in my previous post, we are provided with one main sketch and multiple interpretations of that sketch in each lesson. I based my layout on Marcy Penner's interpretation. I love her layering techniques and perfectly imperfect look that she is able to create. So here is my layout:


I made this layout with the Camelot Scrapbook Kit from Studio Calico. I think after the Sugar Rush kit, this is my second most favorite kit. I absolutely love the dreamy colors it has. It is just a simple layout with strips of paper above and below the photos. I decided to add some gold accents to go with the photos by using the puffy gold stickers, gold rub-on and stamping with versamark and embossing with gold powder. I also added some Heidi Swapp Gold Lame mist in the background. 
Hope you all had a great mother's day!
P.S. The dinner turned out real good and fun.


No comments :