Thursday, May 8, 2014

May 9th Sketch for SOUS

Happy Friday friends! Hope you have some great plans for this mother's day weekend and hope you will be able to set aside some scrappy time to start or finish your favorite projects.

Love this sketch by Leah for SOUS. It is simple and can be interpreted in multiple ways as you will see on the SOUS page. I love how my fellow team members interpreted this. I really like the mix of talent that is there on this team. It is amazing how a single sketch can spawn off so many different interpretations.


Here is my interpretation of the sketch. Simple with a lot of layers in the background:


For this layout, I decided to use up a bunch of leftovers that I had from my papers. I used all the strips that I cut out from the bottom of the cardstocks. I tried my best to keep the colors cohesive. For most part they were. But then when I layered over some patterned vellum over them, it seemed to tie everything together better. I added a frame from basic grey over the photo to follow the sketch. I have so many of these frames lying around, I am glad Leah had this element in the sketch. I made it a point to use the frame. I typed my journaling on vellum and added it to the bottom. I added some texture with enamel dots, metal clips and staples. The staples of course helped keep the vellum in place too. 

Here is a close up of the journaling:


I also wanted to show you the photo by itself:

Arjun loves to play baseball. He has been doing so good and it also helps that he is in such a good team. The Mets won every single game they played this season. They already won the championships and the playoffs are going to start tomorrow. He is really striving to also be a good sportsman on the ground which is great. He is the oldest kid in his team and he seems to be living up to the responsibility which really makes me so proud. He helps the little kids put on their gear, he walks them to the spot they should be in on the field. He is an excellent fielder. He seems to be so aware of what is happening on the field. Can you tell I am proud!!?!!

Okay, now play along! I want to see your interpretation of this sketch. We have an amazing sponsor for this month - paper bakery! Have a wonderful day!
~Neela


No comments :