Friday, May 16, 2014

Being Featured

It is so cool to be featured in any sort of way on any website. But being the 'Featured Project' at Two Peas In a Bucket website is super cool. Today my project was the featured project at Two Peas. I have been so excited since this afternoon.
I made this layout while playing along a challenge at Studio Calico. The challenge is to scrap lift the person above you on that particular thread. So the person who had commented above me was a very talented card maker, so I adapted her card design to create my layout. It was more of a challenge than I thought it would be. But it was also a lot of fun.

Here is my layout:

Actually this layout itself is super simple. The most complicated part is to cut out the photo as a circle. I  used my silhouette to cut it out using the print and cut feature. I then used a bunch of papers from the Camelot kit from Studio Calico. The colors in this kit are so dreamy and lovely. I also used a few embellishments from my previous kits. My favorite paper is the pink gradient paper which I used as mat for my photo. It is from Dear Lizzy Day Dreamer Collection.

This is a photo of my in-laws and Surya at the beach. Last year when they visited we made it a point to take them to the beach multiple times. It is amazing to see how much they love the grand kids and how much care they take of them. The kids obviously love them too. They have a wonderful time when they visit and they feel so special.

Thank you for stopping by! Have a wonderful day!
~Neela



No comments :