Thursday, January 16, 2014

Jan 17th Sketch For SOUS

Can't believe that this is already my 4th post as DT for SOUS. Time sure does fly. The SOUS team is putting in a lot of effort to get sponsors for the contest every month and to publicize the contests. Do play along to win some gorgeous scrapbooking goodies and do pass on the word to your scrappy friends.
Here is the sketch for the Jan 17th  constest:


Instead of 2 photos as the sketch represents I chose to go with one large photo. The size of the photo that I printed is 8x6. In this sketch, the background is very interesting. Instead of cutting out the background shape, I decided to use the lucky 8 punch to create the shape. Below is how a Lucky 8 Punch looks. It is actually quite large. But I love the different combinations that you can cut out with this punch. I just did the inner cut.
Here is my layout:

I used the December kit from Studio Calico to create this layout. I find the purple very interesting. I used it as luckily my outfit has that exact same color. I decided to add punches of red with the starbursts as my son's outfit has red in it. The red and white stripes strip on the left and right side of the photo are from the bottom of the same paper but out. The number and the gold stripes are washi tapes from Studio Calico December Daily kit. I backed the water color diamond die cuts with some wood grain paper before adhering them to the photo. I embellished them with some purple and red enamel dots from MME. The wood veneer is also from Studio Calico. The 'I love U' and 'such a great day' are from Maggie Holmes' collection. The 'december' word in the right bottom, I stamped with Versamark and then embossed with gold embossing powder. The rhinestones at the top right are from Scrappn' supplies. And most importantly, I wrote my little bit of journaling on the left side along the line on the paper. Here is a close up of the embellishment cluster:

Hope you enjoyed looking at my work. Make sure to play along, I would love to see how you interpret the sketch.
Have a wonderful day!
~Neela

No comments :