Wednesday, December 4, 2013

December Daily Cover and Intro Page

I have been working on my December Daily but I haven't had time to post.  Mostly it is so hard to get decent photos of the pages as it gets dark by the time I come home. Today I think I managed to get some decent photos. So I am up with my post for cover and intro page for my DD album.

I used the binder that I got in the Studio Calico. It started off as a Kraft Chipboard cover. I painted it with this shade of blue (Martha Steward All purpose paint). I matched it to some of the printables that we got in the kit. Just one coat of paint covered it pretty good. In the photo of the album, you will see that I added some washi tape on the side. But I just ripped it off later as it wouldn't stick properly. I should have known that to begin with. I then used the sequins from the 25 days class by Maggie Holmes and then made a tree and stuck some gold stickers below it. It is pretty simple. Actually I wanted to keep it even simpler and just stick the December and Twenty Thirteen sticker but couldn't hold back. I am not super thrilled by it but that's just me.

Now for the Intro page.... One of my colleagues is a very good photographer and does sessions for fun on the side. I requested her to do a session with my family. So on Nov 30th we did a session at the beach. It was an amazingly gorgeous day and unbelievable for a winter day and I love the photos from the session. So for this page, I selected one of the photos from the session. I then used digi brushes by Ali Edwards - Holiday Word Art to embellish the photos. I also stuck a thin gold washi tape along the top and the bottom of the photo. I then added three silver stars( I love these) from basic grey. It is a very simple page, but the star of this page is the photo. Now this I love... I know I will cherish looking at this photo for the years to come.


No comments :