Friday, December 20, 2013

December 20th Sketch Contest - SOUS

Happy Friday everyone. SO here is my second post for SOUS DT. I really really wanted to make a Christmassy layout for this week's sketch and I searched and searched for photos and believe it or not at the time of making this layout, I did not have a single Christmas tree photo. I have quite a few by the time the post goes live though as I am doing December Daily and making a special effort to capture the festive look all around me. Finally I decided to use this photo of my son painting snowmen in his art class. He has gone for about 3 of them and totally loves it. He would go everyday if he could.
Here is the sketch:

I again love the circular elements in the sketch. For the main circle, I cut it out with Silhouette and I got the cut file from a class that I took at Studio Calico. Otherwise I pretty much used the Christmas Collection from Jillibean Soup. It is an old collection and most probably not available any more. I used some sequins to enhance the snow flakes in the background. Also I painted the mat behind the photo gold. I initially started off by trying to make only the border and gold and before you know, I was painting the whole mat. The Silver thickers are from American Crafts and the little tile stickers are for Glitz designs.
Hope I have inspired you. Do join us to play along at SOUS.
Have a wonderful day and wish a Merry Christmas!
~Neela

No comments :