Saturday, November 16, 2013

More Diwali Fun

I wanted to make a layout of this beautiful photo that my dear friend Pratibha gave me of her Diwali celebration. Every year during Diwali, they light up beautiful lamps in their house and take some beautiful photos.
As soon as I saw this photo, it reminded me of this cut file that I had purchased from Studio Calico. It reminded me of rangoli (colorful designs used to decorate the front of Indian homes). I thought this was the perfect photo and perfect cut file.
Here is my layout:

I cut out the circles on a neutral cardstock and backed it with colorful papers. I picked the colors from Pratibha's dress. I had so much fun making this layout. I painted some wood veneer with gold paint and stuck them in the center of each circle. I added some sequins to the circle in the spirit of the festive mood.

Products used for this layout:
  • Studio Calico Antiquary kit
  • Crate paper Happy day collection
  • Crate paper Maggie Holmes collection
  • Wood Veneer from Studio Calico
It was a fun layout to make and I feel so happy to have a layout of my friend.
Have a great day!
~Neela

No comments :