Sunday, October 6, 2013

Cutting Edge Class - Week 1

So now that Hello Story class is done, I signed up for another class at Studio Calico - it is all about maximizing the usage of Silhouette. For the first week, the tutorials were about cutting double sided glue paper with the silhouette and about cutting Vellum with Silhouette. With this class too, they have offered a whole bunch of cut files, digital brushes and printables. They have a weekly challenge in this class. This week's challenge was to use at least three cut files that were give in the package.

I decided to make yet another layout of Surya having fun at the beach. He absolutely loves going there, to play with the sand, to play with the water and become totally wet and totally dirty. We were there yesterday too, it was a gorgeous day here. We are so lucky to have such great weather even in October. It was beautiful and warm.

Here is my layout for the challenge:

I loved the loopy circles .png file that was given to us in this class. I added this onto the photo with photoshop elements to highlight Surya. I again used a bunch of Studio Calico kits to create this layout - Spencer's, Planetarium, Marks and Co and Roundabout. This is my latest thing.... mix up all the kits. I wasn't using them to their full potential by keeping them separate. I didn't know what I had when they were all in separate packages. So I mixed up all kits except the current kit and now I feel more free instead of feeling constrained.
The clouds, sun and the waves were cut files provided in the classroom. They were so fun. I thought that they suited the theme of this layout perfectly. I also cut out a few pieces of white vellum and layered it on top of the waves and the clouds for a fun texture.
I want to mention that I have a giveaway of a $10 gift card for the followers of this blog. Check out the details here. I will announce the winner by the end of tomorrow, so you have a day to leave your comments.

No comments :