Sunday, August 4, 2013

Arjun's Thoughts About Summer

So we are on Hello Story Class week 4 by Ali Edwards. The prompts for this week was time - the passage of time, a moment in time and how time flies. I especially liked one of the layouts that she made of her son expressing his thoughts and writing it down. I really wanted to make Arjun do something like this for quite some time. It was really nice to get a framework for something like that from her example. I pretty much scraplifted this layout that she made.

I made Arjun write down his thoughts about summer till now and incorporated that in this layout. Here time is the highlight and that is why the time at which he wrote down his thoughts and the photo was taken has been given prominence.

Here is my layout.


I used a bunch of cardstock from different scrapbook kits from Studio Calico. This is a very simple layout but I can't believe it took me as long as it did. I just cut out strips from various papers and stuck them lengthwise for the background. On the whole I think I could have done a better job but I think the goal is to record the memories and I am happy with the results.
Have a great day....
~Neela

No comments :