Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Arjun - Little Star

To me he is a little star anyway. A lot of kids are doing all sorts of activities these days. When we were growing up we were not exposed to as many different games and nor was the technology so advanced. We had only one channel being aired on TV when I was growing up in India for the longest time. We had a few video games but not as many.

Arjun likes to play sports - baseball, basketball and soccer. He is also good in Math and is learning to play guitar and learning Karate. I wanted to document this in a layout using the Pie chart idea from the Hello Story class.

So here is my layout:

I mainly used the Marks and Co kit from Studio Calico to make this layout. I loved the stitching template by Amy Tan that came in this kit. I stitched the arrows and the stars using a brown thread. I also used some wood veneer hearts from Studio Calico and star gold clips from Two Peas In a bucket. The enamel dots are from Cut and Paste collection from MME.

I water colored the pieces of the pie to tie in the blue and orange colors. I then embellished two of the slices and wrote Arjun's activities and roles in the larger pie slice. For the photo itself, I once again used one of the mask provided by Ali in photoshop elements to create the semi circle photo. I am loving this masking technique. This is totally new to me and I am sure I will be doing a lot more of this in the future. One of my favorite aspects of this page is the punched circle around the central circle. I did it using the lucky 8 retro scallop punch.

Hope you like the page! Have a great day.....
~Neela
 

No comments :