Friday, July 26, 2013

Creating the arrow cut file with silhouette

First of all I want to show you the layout that I created using this file:


More details about this layout here:


This is my first Silhouette tutorial that I am writing ever. Hope it flows well and it is easy to understand and you find it useful.
  • Open Silhouette Studio Software.
  • Open a new file.
  • Select the line tool.
  • Draw an arrow as shown in the image.

  • Select the Replicate Window.
  • Click on 'Column of Four'. This will create a total of 4 arrows.


  • To create the file that I did, we need another arrow. For this select the last arrow, hit Ctrl+C and Ctrl+V. 
  • Now set the spacing between them as desired. I also moved them to the place where I wanted them to cut my 8x11 photo. I also drew a rectangle of 8x11 size just for reference to see where I should place my photo.


  • Now select the eraser tool and start erasing the part of the arrows that are outside the photo.

  • Select the 8x11 rectangle that represents your photo and delete that because you don't want to cut your photo.
  • And there you have it, the final file.


 I am sharing my .studio file via google docs here - Arrows on photo.studio

This is the first time I have ever tried something like this. So let me know if the download worked for you. And I would really appreciate it if you can leave me a comment telling me that you downloaded the file. Based on the interest I can provide more of my files for download in the future.
~Neela

No comments :