Wednesday, May 22, 2013

Tone on Tone

There was this beautiful yellow paper with distressed white hearts from the dear lizzy lucky charm collection in my May kit from Studio Calico that totally caught my eye. I totally wanted to make a layout that showed of this paper in a special way. Well, here is my effort on trying to show it off. I decided to make a tone on tone layout. This is the first time that I have made one. I found these cute photos of Surya playing in the yard that seemed to match the paper. Yes, I totally selected the photos after selecting my paper.Then I went around collecting all my yellow supplies....ink pads, sun sticker from paradise beach collection, label stickers and title from October Afternoon, Amy Tangerine's stitching stencil and thread from Yes Please collection, Taxi mist from Studio Calico, enamel dots from My Mind's Eye, washi and some yellow Recollections cardstock that I had. It was so much fun putting this layout together. For once, I did not follow any sketches. I just placed the photos where I wanted them to be and kept adding the misting, stitching, paper and washi layers, stamping, embossing  and  embellishements. Since I really did not plan on where my journaling would go, I ended doing strip journaling.

So here is my yellow layout:

 
 
 

I also punched out little hearts from the lucky charms paper and stuck them on with little cut up pop dots all over the page to emphasize the hearts.
Hope you enjoyed looking at it as much as I enjoyed making it.
~Neela
 

No comments :