Friday, May 31, 2013

More from Studio Calico Spencer's kit

I am so happy that the weather has been so great here. It has been sunny and warm. We have been having a good time at the beaches lately. I decided to use one of the photos from our trip to the beach last weekend.
Now that I am subscribing to the Studio Calico kits, I need to finish using the ones I have before I get a new one every month. I am loving all the inspiration by fellow members and designers at Studio Calico.
I was recently very inspired by Wilna's video on Studio Calico blog. I didn't copy the entire layout but I did scraplift the banner under the photo. I even used the same cut files that she used. I loved the effect of the brightly colored banner against the black and white photo and the chalkboard background that this layout ended being. The text on the Glitz chalkboard paper has got to be one of my favorite elements of the Spencer's kit.

 
And of course ..... a very special mention to the Tim Holtz tiny attacher. I got it last week and I used it to make the banner. 
Just having fun .... 
~Neela


No comments :