Monday, March 18, 2013

Chillin'

I loved the sketch at scrapbooksteals for Amber 4. Even though I have to admit that I am loving the sketch every week but just not finding the time to make the layouts. I have been working on my vacation album in project life format and it was a good change to make a complete 12x12 layout after a long time.
I had so much fun creating this layout. I used the circular mask from Studio Calico to create a fun effect on the circular mat. I used Heidi Swapp's color shine in Teal and Gold. I also had some washi tape that was steal from scrapbook steals that had gold chevrons. So I used this and another washi tape as a mat for my journaling and as backgrounds for the photos. I cut out the arrows and the title using my Silhoutte Cameo. I also used the negative of the arrows in the bottom of the page. I didn't want to throw them away and also the bottom of the page looked a little empty. These days none of my layouts seem to escape the rhinestones from Scrappin' supplies. So sprinkled them generously all over it. I used wooden stars as accents to the left of the page. I first misted them wheatfield color by October Afternoon and sprayed on more of the Gold colorshine. I used the Coral Couture Cardstock by DCWV. For the photos itself, I used that of me and my son just hanging out at home. I like the effect the black and white photo paired with its colored counterpart on the same layout. So here is the finished product:

Here is the sketch by design team member Bev Code:

I am also submitting this project to MCM #18 - a world of washi at scrapbooksteals.
 

No comments :