Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Valentines Day Boxes

The tradition of kids giving little valentine treats or cards does not exist in India. So when Arjun came home for the first time with a bag full of goodies it was fun to go through them. He is now in third grade and has been exchanging valentine cards and little gifts with friends at school for some time now.
This year I decided to make him little boxes that he could fill with delicious Hershey's kisses for his friends.
I cut the boxes out with Cameo and I used Lori Whitlock's 3D bracket flap favor box. I really liked the design of it and the size it came in was perfect to fill with little treats. I was flip flopping between this and other ideas and of course before you know it is the 13th. So I went ahead and cut 22 boxes with the cameo. Interestingly it didn't take forever like how I expected it to. Arjun had to write to and from on all the hearts in cursive (dictated by the school) and that didn't make him too happy. But in the end after seeing the finished product and popping in a few Hershey's kisses he was a happy camper.
Here are the photos of the boxes:


 

No comments :