Saturday, January 26, 2013

Back in time - Jade 7

I have made yet another baby layout of mine this week. This time I used a lot of girly stuff and it was so much fun. I usually don't get to use too much of it because I have two boys. I totally enjoyed using the pinks and oranges and flowers. I made this layout based on a sketch from scrapbooksteals by Kerys Sharrock, their talented designer.

This photo was taken by my father's friend who was very interested in photography. I am so lucky to have so many pictures at this age. What I love the most is that I am wearing all these cute dresses stitched by my grandmother in these photos. My grandmother had 8 kids and a lot of grand kids. She still found time to stitch clothes for all her grand kids. She also did such a wonderfully professional job of it. Some of my aunts picked up the skills from her. I remember trying to learn smocking from my grandmother when I was a kid but never really picked up any sewing. I wish I did.

Here is the photo that I scanned version of the original photo for this layout:
Here is how it looks after I fixed it with photoshop elements. ( I am still not sure if I did the right thing by using the Auto Color Correction. The reddish color cast kind of takes you back to the 70s when this photo was taken. But oh well, it is done now and the layout is made. I still have the original for another day!). I am still learning new things everyday with photoshop elements. The possibilities are endless. By the way, it is also quite time consuming to fix a scanned photo. But I am really happy that I am taking the time to do so. I am sending all these photos back to my parents and I can also pass them on to my kids to cherish.
 
Here  is my layout:
 

I used the following products:
  • Patterned paper and stickers: Sassafras - Love to learn collection
  • Twine : MME
  • Rhinestones : Scrapp'n supplies
  • Punches : American crafts - Knockout border punches
I buy most of my products from Scrapbook Steals. Check it out - they carry a deal a day and it is always amazing.

No comments :