Friday, November 16, 2012

Color Me Scrappy Challenge 16

The colors in this challenge were kind of interesting. This is not my favorite color combination. But when I started looking for photos, I think I found exactly the right photos to use for this challenge. I really like the way this layout turned out in the end - if I say so myself.

I have made this pinwheel layout of photos before. But my previous layout consisted of 4x6 photos ( 2 vertical and 2 horizontal) and that took up the whole 12x12 page. This time I wanted to use smaller photos so that I could show off my background. I used Kiwi Lane templates again to make the background and for the journaling block. The background came together so quickly. I also misted it with Mister Huey's Mist.

For this challenge we also had to use the word enter either in the title or journaling. I used it in the journaling as these photos were taken in a cute little nook as we were going to enter the Monterey Bay aquarium.

For this layout I also used hemp as an accent in a few areas . To create the circular element in the center of the pinwheel, I first ran base circular cardstock through Xyron Sticker Maker. I then started twisting the hemp on the base into a spiral. It is hard to start the spiral but once a couple of rounds are done, it gets super easy. Along the way I used paper glaze to hold the spirals in place. At the end I added some paper glaze and held on to the edge with my fingers for some time so that the spiral remains intact.

Here is my layout:


I used the following products to make this layout:
  • ColorBox pigment inks
  • DCWV cardstock - Neutrals and Summer Bright
  • Recollections cardstock
  • KLD templates - Abbey road and Sweetheart
  • Hemp
  • Xyron Sticker Maker
  • American Crafts Border Knock Out punch
  • Alene's paper glaze
  • Mister Huey's Mist - Water cooler
Here is the color combination that we had to use:
Do stop by at Color Me Scrappy blog and check out the wonderful inspiration by the DT members.

2 comments :

Unknown said...

So cute Lo! Thanks for sharing at cMS!

marianne said...

Love that patterned paper! Great layout! Thanks for sharing your work over at Color Me Scrappy!