Saturday, October 27, 2012

Another little card

I am not really big into making cards but more into scrapbooking. But don't both the arts go hand in hand.....
Here is another simple card I made to play along annabelle stamps and Paper girls challenge.


I first stamped all the shapes with pigment ink and embossed them with clear embossing powder. Then I stuck washi tape as the vertical element.

Products used:
  • Cardstock : Recollections
  • Ink : Pigment ink from Color Box
  • Stamps: Teressa Collins - Giving Thanks and Kelly Panacci
  • Embossing Powder - Clear embossing powder - Recollections
  • Washi tape - My Mind's eye - Indie Chic

Here is the inspiration from paper girls:
 
 
Here is the sketch from annabelle stamps:
 
 

P.S. I desperately need to improve my stamping skills....If there are some simple tricks that you know of, do leave me your comments.
 



 

6 comments :

Heather said...

I think your stamping looks great! Love the added washi too! Thanks for joining in at the Paper Girls!

Amber Sheaves said...

I think this is fantastic! That washi looks wonderful. Thanks so much for entering this at The Paper Girls Challenge blog!!

A Consuming Passion said...

Hi Neela,
you've made a really pretty card for both challenges....Love how you added the Washi tape for part of your design.
If you'd like to learn some new techniques come join the fun at Stamp,Embellish, Create. AnnaBelle's Ning site. Every Tuesday we share new techniques and Topics for Topical Tuesday. We have a gallery too for inspiration and sharing your cards. Love to see you there!

Unknown said...

Sue,
I will definitely check out the site you mentioned. I could definetly use more tips when it comes to stamping.

Kylie said...

This is a stunning card, Neela! LOVE your design and the use of the Washi tape and the colours are yummy!
Like Sue, would love to see you over at Stamp, Embellish, Create, I'm always learning something new!!
Thanks for playing along with us at AnnaBelle Stamps!

Take Care,
Kylie X

Andrea said...

Gorgeous card, love the colours against the white!
TFS with us this week :)
Andrea