Friday, September 14, 2012

Chevrons on layouts

Everyone is using chevrons on scrapbook layouts in one form or the other. The chevron bug has bitten me too..... I had to make a layout with Chevrons. I decided to make a layout with pictures of my little one and myself. I loved making the Chevron background under the title. I got the idea from a tutorial that I saw echo park paper blog. I cut out the three shades of greys into squares and then cut them into triangles and assembled them to make a color gradient with the chevrons.

I also loved this layout that I saw on scrapbooksetc. So I based my layout on that... laying out the photos in an angle gave the layout such a playful and interesting look. I also realized that you can make a chevron if you extended to make a two pager by making a mirror image of this layout. Maybe some other day when I have more time.

Most importantly I made this layout to play along Color Me Scrappy Challenge 11. Here is the color palette that I had to use:



Here is my layout after putting all of these elements together:

 
I used the following materials:

  • Plain cardstock: Recollections and DCWV
  • Title stickers - Thickers from American crafts
Do stop by at the color me scrappy website and check out the amazing creations by the design team.
 

5 comments :

Unknown said...

This is very creative. I'll have to watch that tutorial and learn how to do this. It seems time consuming, but maybe I'm wrong. It's also a great touch to have the photos on an angle. Nice work! CMS loves you!

Mrs. Weddle said...

love how the photos are at and angle and the chevrons compliment them wonderfully. thanks for playing with CMS!

Sarah Elliott said...

Great job. I love your layout and putting the chevrons in greys made your pictures and title POP. Thanks for playing along with CMS!

Unknown said...

So cute lo!thanks for playing with us at CMS!

Viji Siddharth said...

Nicely done! Thanks for playing along with CMS!