Saturday, August 18, 2012

Mid Week Mojo - Pearl 6 and Color Me Scrappy 10

I get to combine two challenges again this week. I like that. So I used the colors from Color Me Scrappy challenge and the sketch was from Scrapbook steals Mid Week Mojo.

I loved the sketch and the colors. There was hot pink in the mix. Two boys and hot pink? Instead of shying away from using the color, I decided to go all the way in and use it generously on the layout.  Now in the layout challenge the designer used a hexagon cut out background. I just loved that totally.... the hexagon fad has been around for quite some time now and I haven't made a single layout with hexagons till this one. I wanted to make a hexagon mat too. But I don't have a cameo, so I used Gypsy and cricut. I should have made the hexagons a little bigger, but it turned out like a close first cousin to the that cut out with Cameo. I also cut a sample one out first, and used that as a template to spray on some yellow mist as the background for my journal block.
P.S.  I still can't find my power cable for my gypsy so I had drive around quite a bit and charge it with my car charger again.... WHERE COULD IT POSSIBLY BE? I think it is high time that I just get a new one.
For this layout I decided to use a photo that I took on trip to Cancun. We had just reached there and Arjun couldn't wait to run into the water even though it was getting dark. But the water was so nice and the weather so great that we decided to go into the water anyway. This photo was taken on our walk to the ocean.
Here is my layout:
Materials used:
  • Washi tape : My mind' eye - Indie' chic
  • Patterned paper: 6x6 crate paper and Indie chic
  • Plain cardstock : DCWV and Core'dinations
  • Cricut Cartridge: Accent essentials
  • Stickers: Recollections
  • Color Mists: Mister Huey's - Taxi
Here is the sketch from Scrapbook Steals:

Make sure that you check out the beautiful layout made by Kristy Lee with that sketch.

Here is the color palette from Color Me Scrappy:


Do go to the website and check out the amazing work done by the design team.

10 comments :

Pam Pritzl said...

Gorgeous page! I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE the hexagon pattern ... did you use a Cricut or Silhouette to cut it out?

Unknown said...

Pam,
Thank you! I used the Gypsy and created my hexagon mat and cut it out with cricut. I don't have a Silhouette :(

Sarah Elliott said...

Awesome! I really love the hexagon background and the washi tape accents. Thanks for playing along with Color me Scrappy!

Mrs. Weddle said...

love the hexagon negative sheet. really cool!

Viji Siddharth said...

Nicely done! Love the hexagon! You can always sell your cricut, gypsy and cartridges on ebay and get a silhouette! I think you will save a ton in the future with no cartridges!

I like the way you accented a few of the hexagons with some pattern paper. Thanks for playing along with CMS!

Unknown said...

Thanks Viji. I will definitely look into owning a Silhouette. It sounds very interesting and fun.

Unknown said...

Wow...I love the exagons in the background!!!Thanks for playing with us at CMS!
Sandra

Unknown said...

This page is beyond fabulous! It totally rocks. I have 2 boys as well and shy away from the pink, but in this, it really picks up the pink in the sunset. You did a great job with this color challenge. Please please please come play again with us at Color Me Scrappy!

Stephanie Stanton said...

Awesome LOVE THE HONEY COMB!!! Great work on this LO I totally love all the paper you used!!!!

Christina Collins said...

Such a great page! I love the background! Thank you for playing along with CMS!